Stan Says: On Tuesday 14 December the House of Commons debated and approved new requirements to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19, or a negative COVID-19 test, before entering certain venues and events.
Read what was said during the debate: https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2021-12-14/debates/8034393B-C568-4DE6-8695-1D63F957537E/PublicHealth
You can also watch the debate on Parliamentlive.tv: https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/61329c5b-ac88-4243-bbc9-35f8a142b5c7?in=13:46:46
What do the new rules mean?
The new rules mean that, if you are aged 18 or over, to enter certain venues and events in England you must have proof of one of the following:
• you are vaccinated with 2 doses of an approved vaccine
• you have taken a PCR or rapid lateral flow test within the last 48 hours
• you are exempt on the basis of a medical exemption or clinical trial participation
People who live in England can show their NHS COVID Pass to prove they’re vaccinated, have completed a negative PCR test or negative lateral flow test within the past 48 hours, or are exempt.
You can read more about using your NHS COVID Pass for travel abroad and at venues and settings in England here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass
And you can read the Government’s guidance setting out which venues and events must use the NHS COVID Pass, or equivalent proof of vaccination or testing, as a condition of entry, and how to operate the scheme, here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/carrying-out-mandatory-covid-19-status-checks-at-your-venue-or-event
The new requirements are set out in the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Entry to Venues and Events) (England) Regulations 2021, which you can read here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2021/1416/contents/made
If you wish to be part of a Vaccine Control Group and are happy for the information you provide now and in the future to be used in the assessment of the safety and efficacy of the Covid-19 vaccination programme and from time to time receive email and also to provide more meaningful analysis of the Covid-19 vaccine trial, and/or to share information with you, relevant to your membership of the Vaccine Control Group.
Self-Declaration Exemption Form
Professional (Doctor) Exemption Form
You can find us on telegram using the following links:
• Questions and Answers: https://t.me/joinchat/CIcZ7I9Pg6IxYjg0
• General Chat: https://t.me/joinchat/zY5O0WRXMDcyYmNk
• Having a bad day: https://t.me/joinchat/QKy7bgPToBc4ZjNk
• Univeristy Students Chat: https://t.me/joinchat/xy0vyqSdW6o2MDY0
• Control Group News: https://t.me/joinchat/sR4jXij4Yx5jYWZk
• On The Ground News: https://t.me/joinchat/CheWDNd3pCIwNTdk